A Visit to Parisian Chocolatier Jean-Charles Rochoux

This was an easy post!

If you’d like to know what it’s like to visit Jean-Charles Rochoux with me, one of my favorite chocolatiers in Paris, go visit Too Many Chefs for Meg’s write-up of our visit.

Update! You can read about my visit to Jean-Charles Rochoux, and see his staggeringly-beautiful chocolate creations.

Jean-Charles Rochoux
16, rue d’Assas (6th)
Paris
Tél: 01 42 84 29 45

• Janet
    July 7, 2006 11:50am

She must have pulled your photo (it was that bad?) since I didn’t see it. Chocolate and A la vache – brings back memories aahhhhh. Thanks David

• July 7, 2006 12:10pm

That Meg is a wily one!
    It’s still there, but my face is so contorted (I have no idea why…), perhaps you didn’t recognize me

(whew!)

• James
    July 7, 2006 2:17pm

I was in Paris last week and stopped by Jean Charles Rochoux. I must say I was just a little disappointed. In a previous post, you mentioned that their “Kalooga Bar” was awesome. When I stopped by they had no idea what a Kalooga bar was. Am I crazy?

• J. Bo
    July 7, 2006 10:23pm

Well, David, you’ve taken better pictures, that’s for sure…

• July 7, 2006 11:00pm

James, I was just looking at that post and the Kalouga bar is from Bernachon which was also featured in the post about Rochoux.

• Kahani
    July 8, 2006 12:00am

I’m a fan of your blog and my colleagues complain that when they look over my shoulder their diets go to hell and all they can think about is fooood.

I love your take on paris, your culinary exploits and your delightful literary style.

But this is the first time I’ve felt compelled to comment…

Holy cow that IS a godawful picture! *lol!*

• Taina
    July 8, 2006 8:52am

Hey David,
    had I known that photo was going to cause such an uproar, I never would’ve shared it! As I recall, we were ALL making that same pained expression of “oh-my-god-I-wanna-attack-that-slab” that comes from exercising extreme self-control :-)
    In fact, just seeing that photo again has got me salivating with the memory of the fleur de oranger ganache that we got to sample.
    Taina

• July 8, 2006 12:32pm

I know why your face is contorted in that picture. You’re wearing those tight shorts aren’t you.

• July 8, 2006 12:48pm

Oh, David. We all have our moments.

Some better than others. ;-)

• Jessica
    July 8, 2006 12:50pm

Aughhh… just diagnosed with gestational diabetes… but it’s just as well as I cannot travel to Paris until le petit bebe is welcomed to the world. May have to do a tour of Paris with you *next* year for bebe’s premiere voyage. In the meantime, your descriptions and photos of life in Paris will soothe my sweet tooth for the next couple months. Merci!

• cj
    July 9, 2006 7:05am

I have just discovered you and you are BRILLIANT! I live in Ireland, but am originally from New York, and your sense of humour reminds me of New York. I know Europeans think Americans do not have a sense of humour (and I can unfortunately understand why they believe this) but some of us are SHARP AND FUNNY. You, I put in this category. And you can cook. And you live in Paris. Perfect.

• July 10, 2006 4:26am

David, at least I left you anonymous – you outed yourself!

Thanks for the plug, by the way. It was a delicious day too!!

• Bea at La Tartine Gourmande
    July 11, 2006 10:37pm

Funny, I have not used the word “brugnon” in ages. I am just happy now saying it outloud to myself. Un beau brugnon! Comme il est beau min brugnon!

• Bea at La Tartine Gourmande
    July 11, 2006 10:39pm

I mean “mon brugnon”, of course. Que je suis bête !