Paris Get-Together This Sunday

This Sunday, February 12, there’s going to be a get-together to celebrate the release of the Paris Pastry e-book (a clever ruse to drink wine and eat macarons…) at La Cuisine cooking school in Paris. The event will take place from 2 to 4pm.

In addition to fun, frolic, and macarons made by the student of the school (did I mention the wine?) there will be copies of Ready for Dessert, The Perfect Scoop, The Great Book of Chocolate, and The Sweet Life in Paris, for signing if you’d like a personalized copy. Or you’re welcome to bring books you already have to sign as well.

If you plan to come, you are welcome to RSVP at the Facebook event page.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

-david

Notes

-Because this is a cooking school, and there will be other programs taking place before the event, please do not arrive early. It’s cold out there and we don’t want you standing by the Seine freezing your derrière off until the doors open.

-Credit cards and cheques cannot be accepted for book sales.

-The Paris Pastry Guide e-book is on sale for just $2.99 until February 14th through the Paris Pastry website only.

• February 10, 2012 11:03am

Looks fabulous.

• pooja
    February 10, 2012 11:54am

Hey David

Just dropped to say Hi! I have been ur avid follower (read stalker) for a really long time and getting to comment “2nd” is closest i have come to! I love your blog and have tried few of ur recipes, loved many and not loved a few but coming from a handsome and humorous man like you, i love them all! YOU ROCK!

LOVE
    pooja

• Luciana Agostinho
    February 10, 2012 3:35pm

I have a copy of “The Perfect Scoop” but I’m in Brazil!!! Snifff… It’s funny you mention the cold weather, because it’s summer here, perfect season for ice cream!!! Have a great event!

• Betsy
    February 10, 2012 4:21pm

Wish I could be there. Anything going on the first two weeks of April? We will be in Paris then! And a question – do you recommend the classes at La Cuisine? Their schedule shows a macaron class while we’re there… we are macaron bakers here at home in Colorado, but we’d love to get tips from some Paris pros!

• February 10, 2012 6:02pm

I am so sad i will miss it. I will be visiting London and Paris from Feb 18 thru 25. Anything interesting going on then?

• February 10, 2012 6:26pm

hi roseann and Betsy: I post events and get togethers on my Schedule when planned, so check there before your visit.

• Christina
    February 10, 2012 6:45pm

I would love to be there, but alas, not a possibility. When will the app be available on the iPad app store? Thanks

• February 10, 2012 6:52pm

Good news! The E-book is formatted for the iPad and you can use the Kindle or another app to read it. And the e-book should be in the iBookstore shortly.

• Sue
    February 10, 2012 6:58pm

Wish I could attend your event – it will be grand.

An embarrassing question…I fall into the “idiot” category for your wonderful “Chocolate Idiot Cake”…. Exquisite chocolate, excellent springform pan, good oven with accurate temp, but the cake didn’t bake through as it should. Might a “convection” setting cause this problem?

Many thanks.

• February 10, 2012 8:15pm

You are a tease. That’s all I’m saying from Denver, CO. :)

• February 10, 2012 8:20pm

Or, if you arrive early, head to Caféoteque down the street for a delicious macchiato!

This sounds fun. Wish I could be there! Eat some macarons for moi!

• February 13, 2012 5:47am

I was in Paris last weekend! My first trip there and what a delight! My daughter and I read your tips on Paris and I can say – honestly – it made all the difference in the world! Thank you!