Paris and Lausanne Chocolate & Gastronomy Tour
June 17-23, 2013 (Sold-Out)
Come to Europe’s culinary capitals and taste the world’s finest cheeses, charcuterie, ice cream, wines, and best of all, chocolates with David Lebovitz, author of The Great Book of Chocolate and The Sweet Life in Paris.
This trip is customized and may include:
- Visits to behind-the-scenes laboratories and production facilities, which are not normally open to the public, and shops of master chocolatiers and candymakers in Paris and Lausanne
- Introduction to chocolate by award-winning food writer Mort Rosenblum
- Private guided walking tours and chocolates tastings in Paris and Lausanne
- French and Swiss cheese and wine tastings, plus samplings of charcuterie, pastries and ice cream
- Trip to outdoor market in Switzerland, on the spectacular banks of Lake Geneva
- Visit to Swiss cheese (Gruyère) ripening cave and tasting, plus Swiss fondue dinner at Café de Grütli
- Dinner with New York Times and former Gourmet correspondent Alexander Lobrano, author of Hungry for Paris
- Shopping at David’s favorite food meccas
- And lots more!
Our itinerary changes with each trip so the schedule is subject to modification and will include a few surprises.
We’ll start in Paris, with a Champagne welcome and a bistro meal, then spend the first part of the week savoring the best of Paris. Then, just a few hours from Paris, we’ll take the high-speed TGV train first-class to Lausanne, Switzerland, famous for its excellent cheeses, fantastic but relatively unknown wines (because they don’t make enough for export, so more for us!), and of course—handcrafted Swiss chocolates.
Included is 6 nights at a 4-star left bank hotel in Paris and 5-star hotel accommodations at the luxurious Palace Hotel and Spa in Lausanne, overlooking Lake Geneva. (Use of the spa facilities is included.) Most meals with wine are included, well as in-city transport, TGV transport, guided tastings and tours, and all breakfasts. Space limited.
NOTE: Because this is a gastronomy tour intended to showcase the astounding variety and quality of products from across France and Switzerland, we will be sampling a wide variety of foods during this week. While we strive to present a variety of foods during tastings and meals, if you have special dietary needs, you should decide if this type of trip is truly right for you.
To sign up, or if you have additional questions, please send a message here.
- Please note that I do not offer day-long or half-day tours of Paris, nor am I able to do private tours for groups or individuals. Two companies you may wish to inquire regarding Paris culinary walks are Context Paris and Paris by Mouth.
- If you’d like to receive a notification of future trips by e-mail, subscribe to my newsletter and you’ll be notified when future trips take place.
“David is plugged in! If you love Paris, you must experience it with David. He celebrates Paris every day and when you are with him… so will you! The best street markets, most fragrant fromageries, and divine chocolates—I loved it all!” – San Francisco, California
“…we had a wonderful time and would do something like this again in a heartbeat!” -New York City
David Lebovitz accepts no responsibility for your own personal safety or that of your belongings, nor can he be held responsible or liable for any injury, loss, damage, or delay arising out of or in connection with any act, omission, neglect, accident, error or default. David Lebovitz cannot be held responsible for costs or other liabilities associated with any act of terrorism, war, accident, weather or any act of God. By engaging David Lebovitz, the client accepts these terms and the noted terms of the program cancellation penalties. It is highly-recommended that all participants investigate and purchase travel insurance.