Paris and Lausanne Chocolate & Gastronomy Tour
Next tour dates: October 2 – 8, 2017 (Sold out)
Come to Europe’s culinary capitals and taste the world’s finest cheeses, breads, charcuterie, pastries, wines, and best of all, chocolates, with David Lebovitz, author of My Paris Kitchen and The Sweet Life in Paris.
This trip is customized and may include:
- Visits to behind-the-scenes laboratories and production facilities that are not normally open to the public, and shops of master French chocolatiers and candy makers.
- Private guided walking tours and chocolate tastings.
- Cheese and wine tastings, plus samplings of charcuterie, pastries, and local specialties.
- Trips to outdoor markets and a cooking class.
- Lunches and dinners at authentic bistros, cafés, and restaurants.
- Shopping at David’s favorite food meccas.
- And lots more!
Our itinerary changes with each trip so the schedule is subject to modification and will include a few tasty twists and turns. We’ll start in Paris with a Champagne welcome and a French meal (the first of many), as we prepare to spend the first part of the week savoring the best of the city. From dark chocolate ganaches fresh out of the chocolatier’s hand, to salted butter caramels that will make you swoon, prepare yourself for an incredible tasting tour of the finest sweet spots in the world.
Then we’ll take a high-speed luxury TGV train to Lausanne, Switzerland – a city on the shores of the beautiful Lake Geneva, known for fine chocolates, sparkling fresh seafood, amazing Swiss mountain cheeses, and family-made wines unavailable anywhere else in the world – to continue our culinary explorations together.
Included are 6 nights at a 4-star hotel in Paris and 2 nights at the fabulous Lausanne Palace and Spa in Switzerland. Most meals with wine are included, as well as in-city transport, guided tastings, a cooking class, walking tours, and all breakfasts.
To inquire about the tours, or to get on the waiting list for future tours, please send an email here.
NOTE: Because this is a gastronomic tour intended to showcase the astounding variety and quality of products, we will be sampling a wide variety of foods and wines during this week. While we strive to present a variety of foods and beverages for guests to choose from during tastings and meals, due to the nature of dining in France and Switzerland, if you have special dietary needs, we can’t guarantee that restaurants will be able to accommodate special diets and allergies, and you should decide if this type of trip is right for you.
- Please note that I do not offer day-long or half-day tours of Paris, nor am I able to do private tours for groups or individuals. Companies you may wish to inquire regarding Paris culinary walks are La Cuisine, Cook’n With Class, and Paris by Mouth. For Paris cultural tours, I recommend Context Paris.
“David is plugged in! If you love Paris, you must experience it with David. He celebrates Paris every day and when you are with him… so will you! The best street markets, most fragrant fromageries, and divine chocolates—I loved it all!” – San Francisco, California
“…we had a wonderful time and would do something like this again in a heartbeat!” – New York City
David Lebovitz accepts no responsibility for your own personal safety or that of your belongings, nor can he be held responsible or liable for any injury, loss, damage, or delay arising out of or in connection with any act, omission, neglect, accident, error or default. David Lebovitz cannot be held responsible for costs or other liabilities associated with any act of terrorism, war, accident, weather or any act of God. By engaging David Lebovitz, the client accepts these terms and the noted terms of the program cancellation penalties. It is highly recommended that all participants investigate and purchase travel insurance.