Paris & Lausanne Chocolate & Gastronomy Tour
Next Tours: Dates TBA
Come to Europe’s culinary capitals and taste the world’s finest cheeses, charcuterie, ice cream, wines, and best of all, chocolates, with David Lebovitz, author of The Great Book of Chocolate and The Sweet Life in Paris.
This trip is customized and may include:
- Visits to behind-the-scenes laboratories and production facilities that are not normally open to the public, and shops of master chocolatiers and candy makers.
- Private guided walking tours and chocolates tastings.
- Cheese and wine tastings, plus samplings of charcuterie, pastries, and local specialties.
- Trips to outdoor markets.
- Lunches and dinners at authentic bistros, cafés and restaurants.
- Shopping at David’s favorite food meccas.
- And lots more!
Our itinerary changes with each trip so the schedule is subject to modification and will include a few tasty surprises. We’ll start in Paris, with a Champagne welcome and a bistro meal, and spend the first part of the week savoring the best of the city. Then we’ll take a high-speed train to Lausanne, Switzerland – a city on the shores of the beautiful Lake Geneva, known for fine chocolates, seafood, amazing Swiss mountain cheeses, and wines unavailable anywhere else in the world – to continue our culinary explorations together.
Included is 6 nights at a 4-star hotel in Paris and a the fabulous Lausanne Palace and Spa in Switzerland. Most meals with wine are included, as well as in-city transport, guided tastings and tours, and all breakfasts. Click here to get on the waiting list or to be notified when the next dates are announced.
NOTE: Because this is a gastronomy tour intended to showcase the astounding variety and quality of products, we will be sampling a wide variety of foods during this week. While we strive to present a variety of foods during tastings and meals, due to the nature of dining in France and Switzerland, if you have special dietary needs, you should decide if this type of trip is right for you.
- Please note that I do not offer day-long or half-day tours of Paris, nor am I able to do private tours for groups or individuals. Companies you may wish to inquire regarding Paris culinary walks are La Cuisine, Cook’n With Class, and Paris by Mouth. For Paris cultural tours, I recommend Context Paris.
“David is plugged in! If you love Paris, you must experience it with David. He celebrates Paris every day and when you are with him… so will you! The best street markets, most fragrant fromageries, and divine chocolates—I loved it all!” – San Francisco, California
“…we had a wonderful time and would do something like this again in a heartbeat!” – New York City
David Lebovitz accepts no responsibility for your own personal safety or that of your belongings, nor can he be held responsible or liable for any injury, loss, damage, or delay arising out of or in connection with any act, omission, neglect, accident, error or default. David Lebovitz cannot be held responsible for costs or other liabilities associated with any act of terrorism, war, accident, weather or any act of God. By engaging David Lebovitz, the client accepts these terms and the noted terms of the program cancellation penalties. It is highly-recommended that all participants investigate and purchase travel insurance.