1. Mix the warm caramelized white chocolate in a large bowl with the heavy cream, and set a mesh strainer over the top.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, and salt.
3. Whisk together the egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in half of the warm milk, then scrape the warmed yolks back into the saucepan.
4. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof utensil, until the mixture thickens and coats the utensil.
5. Immediately pour the custard through the strainer into the white chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Put the bowl in an ice bath, and stir until cool.
6. Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.