Preheat the oven to 250F (120 C)
1. Chop the white chocolate it into coarse pieces.
2. Distribute the white chocolate on a rimmed baking sheet and heat for ten minutes.
3. Remove it from the oven and spread it with a clean, dry spatula.
4. Continue to cook for and additional 30-60 minutes, stirring at 10 minute intervals. At some points it may look lumpy and chalky (and even unpleasant), but keep stirring and it will smooth out and caramelize.
5. Cook until the white chocolate is deep-golden brown, and caramelized. Stir in a good pinch of sea salt.
If it’s lumpy, scrape it into a bowl and smooth it out with an immersion blender, or in a food processor.
Store in a jar, at room temperature, until ready to use. It should keep for several months, if stored in a cool, dry place.