1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Butter a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33cm) baking pan.
2. Mix the oats, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a small bowl, mix the chocolate chips, coconut, and dried cherries.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl by hand, beat the butter and brown and granulated sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides, to make sure they’re well-incorporated.
5. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix, then add the oat mixture and mix on the lowest speed of the mixer for two minutes.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips, coconut, and cherries and stir until completely incorporated, making sure everything is well-mixed.
7. Scrape the dough into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle gently with some flakes of sea salt and bake until the top is golden brown and the center feels just set when you press it lightly, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing.