US Book Tour in June: Cooking Classes & Events

Ok, here they are!

I’ve finalized the dates for my US book tour in June, including lots of demonstrations and cooking classes where I’ll be baking up everything from Parisian chocolate desserts like Chocolate Chip Choquettes and refeshingly-icy Mocha Sorbet to my favorite summertime ice cream recipes including ice cream sandwiches with Peppermint Patty Ice Cream (with homemade peppermint patties) and Profiteroles with Roasted Banana Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sauce.

To sign up for classes, you can follow the links listed below. For classes at Central Market in Texas, which tend to fill up quickly, it’s best to call the school to reserve your space. I’m looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible, and I hope to see you all at one of the events!

• June 10 and 11: Central Market, Houston, TX, Cooking Class
  • June 12: Central Market, Fort Worth, TX, Cooking Class
  • June 13: Central Market, Dallas, TX, Cooking Class
  • June 14: Central Market, San Antonio, TX, Cooking Class
  • June 15 and 18: Central Market, Austin, TX, Cooking Classes
  • June 16: Class at Lake Austin Spa, Austin, TX.
    (Did someone say spa?…)

• June 22: Draeger’s, San Mateo, CA, Cooking Class

• June 22: The Perfect Scoop Book Signing and Chocolate Tasting.
    Fog CIty News, 455 Market St, San Francisco, CA. Noon-1pm.

• June 23: Dining Around with Gene Burns (radio interview), KGO 810AM radio, San Francisco Bay Area, 10-1pm
  • June 23: Tom Douglas’ Seattle Kitchen (radio interview), 4-5pm, KIRO 710, in Seattle.
  • June 24: The Perfect Scoop Book Signing—get a free scoop with your book!
    Ici ice cream shop, 2948 College Ave in Berkeley, CA. 5-7pm

• June 26: Sur La Table, San Francisco, CA, Cooking Class
  • June 27: Sur La Table, Los Gatos, CA, Cooking Class
  • June 29 and 30: Sur La Table, Kirkland (Seattle), WA, Cooking Classes
  • June 30th: Book Party and Chocolate Tasting.
    Theo Chocolate, 4:30-6pm, 3400 Phinney Ave. N. Seattle, WA

• Never miss a post!

• May 14, 2007 6:09am

Hey Dave!
      What about an east coast part of the tour?

• Margie
      May 14, 2007 6:55am

Ooh! Any chance you might come to the UK too?

• May 14, 2007 7:58am

Dave, you do realize there’s more to California than just the Bay Area, don’t you? Maybe next time you can share with the REST of California.

• cupcake girl
      May 14, 2007 7:58am

Why no love for the east coast, Dave? We dig sweets, too

• May 14, 2007 8:53am

More cities?
      What are you trying to do, kill me?

During my three weeks in the US, I’ll be visiting thirteen schools in different cities and taking eight flights. I’ll be certainly ready to get back to Paris..bring on the red wine. (Unless someone can make me a better offer.)

Come to me, my children!…

• May 14, 2007 9:53am

Hi David, I signd up last month for your class at Draegers. See you then!

• May 14, 2007 11:03am

How cool you’re teaching classes at Central Market! I love, love, love those stores! I’ll have to tell all my Texas friends to sign up.

• Kami
      May 14, 2007 11:30am

FYI, Central Market doesn’t have their June calendar up yet, and they’re resolute about not taking reservations until it’s posted. I check several times a day!!

• May 14, 2007 12:24pm

Woo Hoo. I will be in San Francisco (and even at the Ferry Building) on June 26. Look forward to seeing you. I’m visiting San Francisco with some non-blogger friends, so I probably can’t take a class, but I will drop in at Sur La Table if I possibly can.

Salt Lake is a HUGE ice cream market. If you ever manage to have a class at the Sur La Table store there or Williams Sonoma, I’d be happy to show you around town a bit. Best Mexican food in the West.

• May 14, 2007 12:47pm

I hope to see you at Theo!!

• shea
      May 14, 2007 12:48pm

No Atlanta? The southeast is feeling lonely now.

• May 14, 2007 12:57pm

But….but…you’re not coming to Baaaahston? Le sigh.

Off topic, the Super Lemon ice cream is, thus far, my favorite. Too early to tell if it will remain the fave, though.

• May 14, 2007 1:32pm

Can you put me in your suitcase? I’m small!!! I want to go to the Ferry Building too…boo hoo hoo….

• May 14, 2007 1:41pm

Arghh, just checked my calendar and I’m mixed up on my dates. I’m flying home on June 25. I will try to make one of the other SF events between June 22-25.

• May 14, 2007 2:54pm

OMG, This is great!! I’ll definitely be there if I can manage to shuffle around my schedule :D

Oh, another thing…I made your strawberry sour cream ice cream(from the book) and its GREAT…I ate half of it in two days…so at what address do we send you our weight losing program’s bill ;)

• Ellen
      May 14, 2007 4:12pm

What? No love for Los Angeles? Perhaps you can schedule a quick stop since it’s so close to S.F.? Southwest will take care of it. Otherwise, Los Angelenos will be very, very sad.

• Lesley
      May 14, 2007 5:27pm

If I were going to be anywhere near any of those cities, I would definitely join you. How fun would that be.
      And now I need to make some peppermint patty ice cream…

• Lesley
      May 14, 2007 5:29pm

If I were going to be anywhere near any of those cities, I would be there in a heartbeat. How fun.

I guess I’ll have to go make my own peppermint patty ice cream…oh Yum.

• May 14, 2007 6:50pm

But when are you coming to Toronto???

Enjoy the tour!

• Kim U
      May 14, 2007 7:43pm

Do you know what time the San Francisco Sur la Table class is at? Their website doesn’t list June classes yet.

I live in Nashville, but I’m actually going to be in the SF area for a few days right when you’re having your classes!

• May 14, 2007 9:37pm

hot damn!!! i’m SO going to see you at ICI, and not at all because of the free scoop either! Just cause cause yer cool n all. Yup that’s right. *nods head vigourously* Seriously I love you! *licks ice cream off fingers*

• Kirin
      May 14, 2007 10:25pm

Quoi? Vous ne venez pas a Montreal? Quel dommage!

• May 14, 2007 11:59pm

well shoot. I will be in Paris while you will be here in the Bay Area. And here I was hoping to meet you. C’est la vie!

Maureen in Oakland

• Lisa
      May 15, 2007 10:36am

So sad to see you won’t make it to the Southeast. South Florida is in definite need of great ice cream in June you know. :)

Have a great trip.

–Lisa

• May 15, 2007 11:53am

Where are all the New York dates?!? Just Texas, Cali and Seattle? *Sniff* You know, we read you on the East Coast too (and it’s no small journey from New York to San Fran.

• May 15, 2007 12:28pm

Sarah: I wanted to come to New York but DeGustibus at Macy’s was already booked up and I would be lost, frightened and confused without anywhere to go.

Lisa: I love Florida. Those dark chocolate-covered coconut patties (the ones that are tooth-achingly sweet) are just one reason I’d like to get back there sooner rather than later. Thanks : )

Ellen: I have relatives in Los Angeles.
      ‘Nuf said!

Kirin: I’d go to Montreal, but I need to take a vacation from speaking French. Quel dommage, bien sûr!

Maureen: We could trade houses! Do you have a hot tub?

• Karen
      May 15, 2007 1:07pm

I also have had several conversations with Central Market about their refusal to take reservations before they post their June calendar. I will be so upset if I don’t get into your class. Just wanted you to know that I was in the Williams and Sonoma across the street from the Houston Central Market this weekend. There was a huge “ice cream corner” showcasing ice cream machines, equipment, etc. and a large number of copies of “The Perfect Scoop”. It was a beautiful display and I wish that I had my camera so I could have sent you a picture. It may not be as exciting to you anymore to see your books, but I thought this looked great. You would have been proud!

• May 15, 2007 6:04pm

Well, now I feel deliciously spoiled. Not only are you coming to Seattle for multiple events, but I get to see you at all of them. (No, I’m not stalking you.) we in this lovely city are so proud.

• May 16, 2007 2:34am

Oh my god, seeing this makes me feel like such a slacker. xo-h

• May 16, 2007 9:43am

And the European leg of your world tour?? You know you’ll get a big welcome in London… ;-)

• Isabel
      May 16, 2007 6:44pm

Just started reading your blog and I love it. Crossing my fingers that I get to meet/see you at one of your classes.

• May 16, 2007 8:38pm

No Hot tub, but a great garden complete with 8 hens, and its close to Michael Mischer chocolates and the Grand Lake farmer’s market. You might have to ask my housesitter if she minds sharing. ;)

• May 17, 2007 8:09am

dammit! nobody comes to atlanta! *sniff* no love.

• Isabel
      May 17, 2007 1:37pm

Cental Market has posted their summer class schedule. I’m in! Yay, can’t wait. : )

• Barbara
      May 19, 2007 9:34am

Seriously, no New York??? How cruel! You really should do a layover for a few days or you might be too tired when you return to Paris, n’est ce pas?

• May 19, 2007 9:50am

Chicago is feeling neglected. Heck, the whole Midwest! We are crying tears of sadness into our ice cream. sniff, sniff…

• May 19, 2007 10:27am

Barbara: I was going to come to NYC, but then I found out Katie left the Today Show and I was so upset that I didn’t want to go back. But if someone out there works for United and can change my ticket for me (and get me off the darn upgrade business class upgrade list), I am so there. And I’ll need a place to stay too. Although I’m a fantastic houseguest…(hint hint)

Shannon: I was sad not to be returning to Chicago this time around since it’s one of my very favorite places. But then a gift arrived: a 3-gallon drum of Garrett’s caramel corn! So I can stay here and enjoy the best of Chicago without the lines. (Ok…I will have to miss a few other things as well.)

• Nancy Karasik Masek
      May 19, 2007 11:00am

Hi,

New England is lonely…couldn’t you stop here on the way home???? Or even the way over, and use us as guinea pigs? (sort of like opening in Boston before Broadway?)
      thanks

• Barbara
      May 19, 2007 11:12am

So do Princeton and you could share a bed with two german sheps! If you would cook and throw a tennis ball you would be a hit with the whole fam.!

• May 19, 2007 1:10pm

Can’t wait for your visit! It’ll be my first excuse to go to Ici and a chance for your signature on my sugar, cream and egg spotted copy of your book. :-)

• Andrea
      May 24, 2007 11:36am

Any plans for a Canadian tour? We like ice cream and chocolate too. If you visit Montreal you can thumb your nose at the French Canadians and disdainfully dismiss them as not REALLY French. Also, make fun of their dialect and lexicon and laugh at them every time they “quack” their “oui”s.
      (The French Canadian pronunciation of “oui” often sounds like a quacking duck.)

On second thought, maybe avoid Montreal altogether.

I should clarify that I’m not from Montreal nor do I live there, I’m simply amusing myself. This is what happens when websites such as Facebook and YouTube are banned at work.