Send Rice Krispies…Quick!

Someone, anyone…help!…bring Rice Krispies!

marshmallows.jpg

I think I brought too many marshmallows back…

• April 19, 2006 12:45pm

You could always try microwaving them…that’s what we do. Yum!

• April 19, 2006 12:47pm

Can you got get marshmallows in France? Anyhow, you can use them up… hot chocolate, candied yams, some fudges, etc…. We know you can be creative. :-)

• April 19, 2006 1:46pm

Wow! I’d offer to mail you some, but given the state of arrival of your other food packages, you’re screwed. ;-)

• James
    April 19, 2006 2:32pm

David, they sell Rice Krispies in France!

• Heidi
    April 19, 2006 3:06pm

Have you counted them out yet?

I love making fudge with marshmallows like Jason said. Also, slightly melted marshmallows and peanut butter is so yummy – I add pnut butter to my Krispie treats too.

Could you make chocolate Special K treats?

• Judith Umbria
    April 19, 2006 3:10pm

Use All Bran and you won’t feel so guilty.

• kristina
    April 19, 2006 6:35pm

show us how to make marshmellows, please :)

• Sugarsnoop
    April 19, 2006 8:15pm

How about making tasty S’mores with your stash of dark chocolate? Imight stop short of using your matzos for the graham crackers though.

• J. Bo
    April 20, 2006 5:17am

Off post topic, I know, but I had to share this KitchenAid picture (I posted with Clotilde as well) I found on the web:

• April 20, 2006 9:59am

aie aie aie! Too bad you are not by a beach and can make a camp fire. Marshmallows on a stick! Had my first in Canada when I was 17!

• iamchanelle
    April 20, 2006 10:20am

will you soon share the purpose of your need to count all these marshmallows?

• April 20, 2006 11:05am

Hey you can make smores with Wasa crispbread :) Thanks for reading my post on Rue Mouffetard and for the suggestion on the market at Richard Lenoir. It shall be on top of my list for the next trip! I checked out your blog and oh my what a horrid thing that happened with the EBBP. You know i’m hosting the next round so here’s counting on a really nice package to make up for the lost!

• April 20, 2006 6:26pm

I’ve made smores with Wasa, and I can tell you it wasn’t the bad idea I ever had.

• April 20, 2006 9:48pm

You can never have too many marshmallows! (Or Marshmallow Peeps. And if you think you do, you can always make baked yams with them…)

• April 21, 2006 7:46am

I am thinking of S’mores, although Wasa bread ain’t gonna cut it. I’d use Speculoos, Belgiums version of Gingersnaps, widely available here.

J.Bo:…that cat’s gonna be in for a very rude awakening pretty soon…where’s PETA when we need them?

Kristina: There’s a great recipe for marshmallows in my book, The Great Book of Chocolate. It’s clearly explained in detail, and instructions for enrobing it in chocolate!

• holly landry
    April 21, 2006 11:00am

hello ~

I am a friend of Shuna’s (and a fan of yours) and I am coming to paris next weds…If you really want some rice crispies, I might be able to smuggle some in, email me….

holly

• April 23, 2006 1:05am

Nothing says America like piles of plastic bags with plastic food inside!