10 Days In Texas

In a full about-face, I’ve left fog-bound San Francisco and this morning I woke up in super-sunny Texas.

This week I’ll be teaching classes in ice cream making with recipes from my book, The Perfect Scoop, and sharing recipes for my favorite Parisian chocolate desserts at Central Market stores across Texas.

centralscoop.jpg

Here’s the dates, and hope to meet y’all there…

• June 10 and 11: Houston
  • June 12: Fort Worth
  • June 13: Dallas
  • June 14: San Antonio
  • June 15 & 18: Austin

And on Saturday, June 16th, I’ll be at the Lake Austin Spa doing a class on spa desserts (ha!), which’ll be a lot of fun.

Come to the class…then jump in the hot tub with me afterwards!

Hey…it’s a Pledge Break!

Boy, could I use a massage or facial.
    Click on the button to donate $1-$5 to my all-important spa treatment fund.

Funds raised as of 6/10: $20
    Funds raised as of 6/11: $38
    Funds raised as of 6/14: $38 (?!)
    Funds raised as of 6/15: $39

• Never miss a post!

• Gail
      June 11, 2007 12:53am

David: Are you planning anything at Fog City News in SF? Adam has your books displayed at the front entrance, almost like you are going to make a guest appearance. Several of your SF-Paris les amies will see you at Ici on the 24th

• June 11, 2007 1:32am

Hi Gail: Yes, I’m going to do a book signing and chocolate-tasting event there on June 22nd, from 12-1pm. Should be lots of fun!

Readers can visit Fog City News for directions.

• June 11, 2007 7:48am

what a nice program! Have fun, especially at the spa, because this is the cherry on top of the cake, n’est-ce pas?

• June 11, 2007 12:19pm

sounds fun! unfortunately, i’m halfway around the globe. i’ll pass this on to my friends in texas though. have a great time!

• Cris Campos
      June 11, 2007 4:12pm

Hi! Have tou ever thought about comming to Brasil? Rio de Janeiro??!! Nice city, nice people…and a lot of food/chocolate lovers like me! Think about that!

• Robin
      June 11, 2007 5:19pm

Are you seriously collecting money for a spa treatment? If so, tres tacky!!!!! You’re a published author for gosh sakes. Donate the money to some children in need.

• June 11, 2007 6:57pm

I’ll meet you there for sure if you bring me all of that candy. :)

• Katrina
      June 11, 2007 9:41pm

Oh the cosmos have aligned! Not only are you here in SF, but you are here after I have finished chemo when I am no longer nauseated and able to come to cooking classes without fear of puking on everyone. How glorious. I stick out like a sore thumb (bald head and all) so it will be hard to hide my stalking, but never fear, I am no bunny boiler. Wahoo! The ice cream king (queen?) is here.

• June 11, 2007 11:00pm

Hi, Great blog, probably the best. I was wondering if you could please tell me if Endangered Species, Dolfin and Bernard Castelain Chocolates are still independent of the big two?

Chocolate minds want to know.

• June 11, 2007 11:10pm

Robin: Cookbook authors (and entertaining food bloggers) need a bit of TLC once in a while. Especially on the road. It’s rough out here! : )

Last year I spent a couple of months here at my blog soliciting & collecting donations, and raising money for Menu For Hope, where $60,925.12 was raised.

You can help fight world hunger too, by donating to the World Food Programme.

Super Amanda: Don’t know, but perhaps a scan of their web sites will reveal any big-business affiliation.

Cris: I would love to come to Brazil, although after a month of eating burritos and Texan bbq, I don’t think I could squeeze myself into one of those thongs.

• Connie
      June 11, 2007 11:18pm

Welcome to Houston, please drink lots of water and stay in the AC ! Welcome !

• Jora
      June 12, 2007 9:09am

When you are in Austin, you should really, really make a point to eat at Las Manitas in downtown. It’s a legend and the food is outstanding.

• Rosa
      June 12, 2007 1:56pm

Alas! I am a poor college student home in Austin for the summer, but because I am a poor college student, I can’t afford your cooking class.

I hope you enjoy my hometown, and definitely check out Amy’s Ice Cream while you’re here.

• Lauren
      June 12, 2007 7:30pm

Enjoy Fort Worth! I wish I could come to your class tonight…you are at my favorite grocery store ever. If you actually have time to spend at a restaurant, I suggest Ovation which is above and beyond incredible.

• tucker
      June 14, 2007 9:36pm

Honestly … I’m with Robin. The soliciting funds for a spa treatment (especially adding a question mark because more people haven’t given???!) really took your street cred down a few notches … and just as I was looking at the Williams Sonoma version of your book! Seriously??! I really hope you re-think that one. I’m all about self promotion … “buy my book”, “Come take my classes”, etc. But “give me money because I’m tired on my book tour”? Give us all a break.

• June 15, 2007 1:46pm

Lauren: I loved going to Central Market and wish I had time to check out that restaurant. Will have to come back (maybe next November.)

Tucker: Thanks for looking at my book at the store.

Rosa: I’m taking an ice cream tour of Austin on Monday and Amy’s is definitely on my list, along with Téo’s. Hope to report back here.

Jora: I love Las Manitas and do plan to eat there, at least once (if not more!). I love chips and salsa!

• June 15, 2007 7:55pm

Welcome back to the US where, clearly, self-righteousness reigns.

Robin and Tucker, lighten up!

Day in and day out David brings us a dash of his witty humor and useful advice on this blog. And he’s been doing it for years. As a long time reader, I am happy to contribute to a massage for my favorite ex-pat. Sheesh.