Definitely Back In America…

walgreens.jpg

• June 4, 2007 9:02pm

Awwww. We love Alan for making you feel welcome in our lil’ ol’ country today, too.

• Melissa Guidry
    June 4, 2007 9:07pm

Definitely welcome home ! Thank you for allowing me to correct your spelling today. :D

That’s what you get for coming to the US when I’m spending the summer in France !

• June 5, 2007 12:23am

did you also allow him to demonstrate the seven service basics?

• June 5, 2007 2:04am

That’s hilarious!

• Diva
    June 5, 2007 4:14am

love that walgreens was a first on your stops!
    have a great trip!

• June 5, 2007 6:39am

David, when will you be coming to NYC? Didn’t see it on the schedule and I’m bummed.

• June 5, 2007 7:18am

If that doesn’t sum it up, I don’t know what does.
    If I ever saw or heard something like that here in France I would probably faint!

• June 5, 2007 8:14am

Yeah David, when are you coming to NYC!

• June 5, 2007 9:51am

“Bonjour, je suis Jean-Pierre, merci pour me permettre de vous servir aujourd’hui” just doesn’t quite have the same ring of credibility to it, does it?

• Steve
    June 5, 2007 1:06pm

Say what you will about French service, but I still remember an occasion a couple of years ago when I purchased ONE cup and ONE saucer in a department store (I think it was La Samaritaine) and once the clerk learned that I would be carrying it back to the US he laboriously and paistakingly wrapped it so carefully that I could have dropped it without incident. His effort above and beyond the call of duty was duly noted.

• Holly
    June 5, 2007 3:08pm

Did I have a David sighting at Tartine Bakery this morning? I was there enjoying my coffee and Pain au Chocolat and swore I saw you!

• June 5, 2007 6:52pm

Holly: yes, that was me. Why didn’t you invite me to sit with you? (There were no seats.)

Then you could’ve come to the ice cream tasting at Bi-Rite Creamery with me!

Diva: Yes, and tonight we’re going to…Target!

(Am I one lucky guy, or what?)

Kevin: Au contraire, mon frere!

J’adore America. Everyone’s so nice, and they all want to help me.
    (And they even have change!)

• JohnB
    June 7, 2007 8:10pm

I was in France two days ago and several times, I heard in department stores, after I said thank you for something ” A votre service, monsieur”. I thought the service people were very polite, exceedingly polite. Maybe because I was well-dressed, i.e. no sneakers, no jeans with holes etc.

John