Skip This Post If You Don’t Live In France

Pierre!

You were, like, so robbed last night on Star Academy.

myhero.jpg

You rock…and the people who voted you off are complètement nul

• January 12, 2008 11:17am

I found out about this this morning. C’est totalement nul.

• January 12, 2008 1:31pm

When we’re in France, I always try to watch Star Academy. I don’t get to see much of it over here, but every once in a while, they toss out a teaser on You Tube.

• January 12, 2008 1:36pm

Fanny: Yes, it sucks!

Bob: It’s so different than American Idol. Here, they all sing together and are friendly and cheer each other on. And although the judges are honest, they’re still pretty decent.

Except last night, when the Best Contestant got voted out, one of the judges walked off. It took me a while to calm down too…I’m still fuming.

• Anthony
    January 12, 2008 2:26pm

I read your blog religiously and believe it or not you are the only person in Paris I know. I come from a fairly impressive culinary pedigree and wish to tackle making Laduree style macaroons. With that said, I have a favor to ask of you -I was hoping you might take a moment to describe eating a Laduree macaroon -texture, smooth outer layer -what is that, sweetness etc etc. I am getting married and I was going to make gift bags for my friends and family and I thought that I might like to include macaroons but I need a reference point and hoped your flavor experience might provide it. Kind Regards, A.

• January 13, 2008 6:50am

Anthony: Yikes! I don’t think I have enough bandwidth to describe what I taste when I eat one of those macarons from Laduree. Perhaps someone else can step in?

• Tags
    January 13, 2008 11:15am

Is one of the judges names Maximilien?

As you know, Maximilien robs Pierre.

• January 13, 2008 11:19am

Tags: LOL! Ha ha…thanks for the chuckle…

(It almost made me feel better about the best candidate ever, being be voted off…)

• January 13, 2008 6:25pm

i’ve heard about the big scandal around the phones votes, without purpose because there was no elimination this time, i thought that was yesterday. i assume that was last week then…
    well, looks like TF1 REALLY needs some audience increases ( ok, i know, je suis mauvaise langue :). )

tags> mouahahaha, really nice :D

• January 18, 2008 3:39pm

I was kept informed over here by my niece Lea (7) who called me so upset about it…took me a while to figure out what she was talking about…after watching the clip, I can see why :)

• February 2, 2008 6:08pm

David, your post is full of spam comments :-S

Anyway… hmm . Ah yeah..watching Star Academy ? uhuhu I don’t know why I never liked those shows

• February 3, 2008 8:21am

Gonzague: Unfortunately my site gets slammed by spam and I try to delete it as soon as possible But I do need to sleep too! ; )

I don’t like Star Academy much (whoever does the choreography should be banned from France—permanently.)

But I do miss Pierre…

• February 3, 2008 6:10pm

Just be sure to check out the seller’s past history before making your purchase, as a laptop computer is a rather expensive investment. laptop stand adjustable