San Francisco Book Event: This Tuesday, Aug 30th

This Tuesday night, from 6 to 7pm, I’ll be at Omnivore Books in San Francisco signing books.

If you’re in town, stop by and say hi!
readyfordessert.jpg

Omnivore Books
3885a Cesar Chavez
San Francisco, CA
(Map)

Although not necessary, you’re welcome to RSVP at the Facebook page for the event. If you are unable to make the event, or live elsewhere, you can order a book from Omnivore to be sent or saved for you.

• Sri
    August 28, 2011 8:16pm

David – I live a few blocks from the bookstore and am so excited to see that you’re going to be here! I’m a huge fan and spent my month in Paris by religiously following all your recommendations! Really hope to meet you!

• August 29, 2011 4:13am

Any chance you’ll be stopping by LA while you’re in California? Would love a chance to go to a signing but I’m in southern CA…it’s just a short 6-hour drive away!

• Daisy
    August 29, 2011 4:40pm

I second Elizabeth’s request. Please come to LA!!

• August 29, 2011 4:43pm

We love you David! You have tons of fans in SoCal! Let’s us know when are you coming!

• August 29, 2011 6:31pm

In my next life I want to be exactly like you!!!
    P.S. Relax, I am not a stalker….just someone who appreciates what you do.
    Jim

• Marina F.
    August 29, 2011 8:18pm

Yay! David! I’ll see tomorrow =)

• August 31, 2011 10:22pm

Was so awesome to meet you David! You are even funnier in person! Loved how you thought the kudampuli ( kokum) was marijuana :D

It’s like tamarind, the souring agent used in many South Indian and Maharastrian or Konkani food though its the dried peel from a different fruit.

Here is a popular summer drink called sol kadhi:

It is also used in a lot of fish curries in Kerala cuisine. Can send you some recipes if you’d like!
    The other stuff in the spice bag was garam masala spice mix and cardamom that my uncle grows in Kerala and my grandmom grew and sundried the kokum :) They should stay good for months, hope you get to use and enjoy them :)

• September 1, 2011 9:13am

I’m about 4 hours, as the crow flies, northeast of there, in a national forest. Am unable to attend your booksigning, darnit. So near and yet so far away. And today, I missed our farmers’ market. Should you feel like coming up this way, I’m not hard to find. Let me know at my blog and I’ll get back with you.

• September 5, 2011 10:08am

AH! Now I really regret not going back to San Francisco this summer. I guess I’ll just have to bake some chocolate cake from The Sweet Life in Paris tonight for comfort.

• September 7, 2011 4:05am

Hi David, love your blog! I recently made your French chocolate macarons with the chocolate-fruit filling and they made a gorgeous hostess gift. I hope you don’t mind, but I took some liberties with the filling, replacing the prunes and cognac with cherries and amaretto in one case, and white chocolate, mango, elderflower liquor, and a splash of Cointreau. I posted about the results on my blog- if you get a chance to check it out, I would be delighted! They were a big hit, thank you!!

• September 20, 2011 3:55pm

You know what’s funny about this? Well you see I’m a pretty big fan of yours. I have your books and read your blog all of the time. I decided to spend a month in Paris (I’m from the east bay) and guess who goes to San Francisco for a book signing, YOU! Of course I missed it. Paris is awesome and unfortunately it’s time for me to go home in a few days. Thanks for all of the great tips, it’s helped me out while in Paris.