As many readers know, I often did posts which included links to blogs and other places around the web that I found interesting and worth sharing.
I now share those links on my Facebook page since I have just too many things to share here on the blog—like all-important stories about Paris bakeries, Italian gents with fabulous hair who scoop gelato, and my ill-fated search for a great hamburger in Paris.
You’ll now find links to recipes and food-related articles that I’m getting a kick out of over there. And once in a while, a political jab or two…with apologies Governor Palin.
(Although if I were that young man, I’d think long and hard before marrying into that family. Who wants a shotgun-wielding mother in law?)
So if you’re a Facebook member, you can stop by my Facebook page and find out what I’m fascinated by around the web.
Feel free to ‘friend’ me…and I’ll friend ya back! : )
(Please note that I don’t read messages in my Inbox there so if you do have a message, leave it on my Wall, or better yet, leave it here on the blog.)
Ok—ust for old-times sake, here’s a few links that have piqued my interest lately:
- Heidi over at 101 Cookbooks has started a Kiva group, a program to loan money to disadvantaged people in underdeveloped countries. It’s a great way for anyone of us, myself included, to make worthwhile and positive contribution to someone who’s not as fortunate as we are. (And here I am, complaining that I can’t get a decent burger in Paris. Sheesh…)
- Deb’s Dud’s of Summer make me almost glad it’s fall. Except we didn’t have much of a summer in Paris and the fall weather is making me realize we’re kinda fast-forwarding to winter. My dream is to change places with Deb, even if just for a week. Perhaps if I wish hard enough, it’ll happen. I dunno, maybe someday…
- Michael Ruhlman introduces the Alinea cookbook, which is not just an exciting cookbook, but is a change in the way cookbooks are produced. As always, the blog is a thoughtful read.
- One of the craziest blogs on the block is Cake Wrecks. Galleries of hilariously horrible cakes. (After the Tom Selleck cake, I don’t think I can ever eat chocolate sprinkles again.)
- Over at Stuff Parisians Like, my pal Olivier (who I don’t think has yet forgiven me for corrupting his brother) did a funny story about Le Moelleux au Chocolat. Coming from a vrai Parisien, his insights are always funny, and even more important, just goes to prove that I’m not making any of the stuff up that goes on around here (!)
- Speaking of cookbooks, I don’t think anyone’s as excited as I am to get my hands on the new book by Nicky Stich of delicious:days. When I first started reading food blogs, hers was always one of my most anticipated reads. With outstanding photography, I am so looking forward to the delicious days cookbook. From what I’ve seen, her new book promises to be even more exceptional that I’d thought possible. Bravo!
- And lastly, I have just two words for you: Sloppy Joes.
Be still my heart…