London Book Events – This Week

Although it seems like I travel a lot, I normally don’t—I swear. (Although I think my internal clock, which is going haywire, might disagree with that statement.) However I couldn’t resist coming to London to celebrate the release of Ready for Dessert in the UK, in addition to the UK-edition of The Perfect Scoop.

readyfordessert.jpg

I’ll be making a quick jaunt to London this Tuesday, September 6th, at Divertimenti, doing a cooking demonstration and booksigning (Facebook RSVP page), as well as hosting a dinner at La Fromagerie on Wednesday evening.

Whew!…

• September 4, 2011 5:03pm

I’m attending the event at La Fromagerie! As soon as I got to know about this via tweet from La Fromagerie I grabbed a phone and booked a place. Yay! I can’t wait to meet you and taste all that amazing food. What an adventure!

• September 4, 2011 5:07pm

Sadly not in London that week, even though my copy of The Perfect Scoop is, tant pis.

• Janet
    September 4, 2011 5:58pm

Enjoy London David. I’m sorry I missed you at Omnivore. Good intentions and all didn’t get me there.

Janet

• September 4, 2011 6:20pm

Looking forward to meeting you at Divertimenti on Tuesday evening.

• September 4, 2011 7:45pm

Zut alors, you really do lead the dream life! I wish our timing was better aligned – I was just in London a couple weeks ago and enjoyed a lovely egg and watercress salad at La Fromagerie. Enjoy the festivities!

• fanny
    September 4, 2011 11:45pm

the time you come to London… I’m the one escaping to France. for a month. good but bad. oooh yes.

I got the book a few days before I left – suitcase-less – and now I think it might be the reason why I miss London so much already. xx

• September 5, 2011 12:39am

Sounds like a busy 24 hours! Have fun in London, La Fromagerie is great!

• September 5, 2011 10:28am

Shucks! I wisjh I had know about the Fromagerie event before! I would have loved to attend! The planned dessert selection sounds divine!

• Nan
    September 5, 2011 4:10pm

No plans for Zürich? ;)

(one has to try one’s luck)

• Oana
    September 5, 2011 4:13pm

Congratulations David, that’s awesome. UK, watch out.

• September 5, 2011 4:16pm

Two of my favorite places in London. Have fun!

• September 5, 2011 5:11pm

Wish I could be there for you to sign my copy of “The Perfect Scoop”… Are you planning on visting Israel anytime soon? You got lots of fans here.

• Breandon
    September 7, 2011 2:22am

Marvelous. Too bad i can’t be in London and the city should be fantastic this time of year.

• Michael
    September 8, 2011 2:42pm

Visiting London in a few weeks – first time. Your blog really added a lot to my last trip to Paris. We loved every place that you recommended.

I’ve downloaded your post from a few years ago, “London Called…” but I was hoping that you’d post something new about London..?

Thanks,
    Michael Oliver

• adrian
    September 19, 2011 11:45am

I’d like to come to your book event in Paris on the 22 Oct. Do I have to sign up or can I just come by?

Thanks!
    Adrian

• September 19, 2011 2:40pm

Anyone and everyone is welcome, although if folks can RSVP on the Facebook Event Page (if you’re on Facebook), that will help give the bakery a better idea of how many to expect.

• September 27, 2011 2:13am

I just want to say that I made your Chocolate Idiot Cake for the first time yesterday, and served it with your Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt (also made for the first time) and fresh berries. They were both wild successes and we managed to eat far more of that terribly rich cake than was probably sensible…

Wonderful recipes, and I’ll definitely be getting Ready for Dessert in the near future.

Kind regards,