Welcome to the updated site
A whole bunch of work has been going on behind-the-scenes here this spring, and now, the site is now completely mobile-friendly and responsive, meaning that it will adjust to whatever size screen you’re reading the site on; desktop, tablet, or mobile device. Wider spaces and a larger font has been implemented so it’s easier to read, and some of the less-used features (like the Links page) have been moved to the bottom of the screen. Related posts and recipes on the site are now featured below the main post and in the sidebar.
The team at Cre8d gave the site a little refreshing, cleaning things up, sharpening the design and streamlining some of the features..with apologies to them for my inability to read too much code, and my indecision on color shades/fonts, which took much more time than any normal person would take on such a thing : ) Previous posts and recipes are now listed at the bottom of each post as snippets, which will speed up loading times on the site and make it faster to access.
If you visit the blog regularly, you can add my snazzy little icon that to the homepage of your iPhone or iPad:
1. Use a browser to open up the site on your device, not just in Google. You must be in a browser, such as Safari or Chrome for it to work.
2. Click the header on the site, where my name is at the very top to make sure you’re on the Home page of the site, not just the search engine result or an individual page.
3. At the top of the screen on an iPad, bottom on screen on an iPhone, click in the center of the box with a straight arrow pointing directly upward. (Depending on your operating system, it may be elsewhere on the screen.)
4. Click the icon in the bottom row of options with a + sign that says “Add to Home Screen” underneath it.
5. At the next page, you can customize/shorten the name of the icon to your liking.
6. At the very top, right, click “Add” and you’ll get an icon like, or similar to, the one above.
In addition, a few months back I began hearing from people that they had signed up to have blog posts and recipes sent right to their Inbox when I added them, but they’re weren’t receiving them. I’ve updated that and switched to another service that gets the job done right. If you’d like to get posts sent to you as the site is updated, you can sign up for them here. You can also subscribe to my newsletter here as well. (You can get both by checking the boxes in the right sidebar or below each post, too.) No worries if you change your mind later; there is a link at the end of each blog entry and newsletter if you wish to unsubscribe at any time, and we’ll always have Paris.
Excuse any glitches over the next few days that will inevitably pop up and we’ll do our best to get them resolved asap. We’re still moving things around and tinkering (ie: I’m driving them crazy with my notes and ideas) and there’s a bit of a steep learning curve I need to adjust to.
And…while we were doing some housecleaning, I pulled up the very first page and “blog post” (perhaps before the term “blog” existed?), which was posted way back in October 1999…
Whether you’re a long-time reader, or just visit every so often, thanks for stopping by and reading the site!