Get-Together This Saturday at Sugarplum Bake Shop in Paris!

I don’t think anyone out there is more excited than I am for the get-together this weekend at Sugarplum Cake Shop in Paris! There’s going to be cake, cookies, and lots of other sweet treats to sample.

The event will take place this Saturday, October 22, from 6pm to 8pm. Copies of The Sweet Life in Paris, Ready for Dessert, and The Perfect Scoop will be available – Ready for Dessert and The Perfect Scoop will be the new UK editions – and perhaps a good chance to tick off a few gifts on your holiday list, too.

If you haven’t been into the Sugarplum Cake Shop, you’re in for an amazing time and it’s going to be lots of fun, and a chance to taste some of their incredibly scrumdiddlyumptious treats.

Sugarplum Cake Shop sugarplum cupcakes

You’re welcome to bring already owned books for signing and for those unable to make the event, you can stop into the bakery beforehand and order a signed copy of a book.

Although the event is open to all, if you are coming and would like to RSVP on the Facebook Event page, that will give the bakery a better idea of how many guests to expect.

Please note that the bakery is open to the public until 6pm. So if you’d like to arrive in advance and enjoy the café, you are welcome to as a customer until that time. This event will begin at 6pm.

—see you then!

Sugarplum Cake Shop
68, rue du Cardinal Lemoine (5th)
Tél: 01 46 34 07 43
(Map)

• October 16, 2011 3:34pm

Looking forward to it!

• Maureen
    October 16, 2011 4:02pm

So upset, will be leaving for Avignon early Sat. a.m. My trip to Paris would have been all that much more enjoyable had I been able to incorporate your get together in it. C’est la vie!!

• Louise
    October 16, 2011 8:40pm

Oh, this is how to make a person lament being in San Francisco! This bakery looks wonderful, and I SO enjoy baking from your Sweet Life in Paris book…please enjoy it all the more for those of us not able to be there!

• Deirdre van Veen
    October 16, 2011 8:42pm

I will be in Paris for a few days at the end of the week and was looking forward to coming to your book signing but I’m disappointed now that I know the time as I’ll be on the Thalys at 17.35 heading back to Holland. What a pity. I have your “Sweet Life in Paris” and really enjoyed reading it – would love to have met you but maybe next time.

• Marla R
    October 16, 2011 10:56pm

Looking forward to stopping by on Saturday. I have such sweet memories from my Chocolate tour last fall.

• October 16, 2011 11:15pm

If only I’m on that side of the world. Any plans of dropping by Asia?

• Tim
    October 17, 2011 1:44am

My wife and I are coming by on Saturday. We get in to Paris that day, are staying a block away from Sugarplum. Great timing for us. We just finished Sweet Life (Very Good!) and we are Ready for Dessert.

• October 17, 2011 11:24am

Oh my gosh – I have been in search of a good coffee shop, I can’t wait to discover it!

• October 17, 2011 3:37pm

My stomach’s rumbling already! Nice to see you having a “do” in Paris again!

• October 18, 2011 12:52pm

Can’t wait!!!!!

• Laura Rieckmann
    October 20, 2011 3:45am

I am reading The Sweet Life in Paris right now and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I really enjoy your writing style and your sense of humor. I am also fascinated by the French culture and by delicious food. It’s a great book! Are you planning on writing other books that aren’t strictly cookbooks?

• October 22, 2011 12:18pm

wish i could. i’m committed to an ‘apero dinatoire’ so i’ll be eating off-brand pringles and drinking plonky wine while you’re all enjoying while you’re all indulging in yummy treats! :)

• October 22, 2011 3:05pm

Will be there. For the signing and tasting!

• Julie Christie Leary
    October 23, 2011 5:48am

My daughter,Hadley, interns at Sugarplum. She said the event was a great success!

• October 23, 2011 5:50am

Julie: It was a big success, thanks to the staff at Sugarplum, who baked up lots of goodies. And thanks to everyone who came by to say hello as well!